A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Friday 6 February 2015

A Beer Matt Called Compass

Hi everyone I have for you today a beer mat from my local 
micro pub which is called the compass and as I 
LOVE compasses and clocks
I offered to alter their 
beer mat.


OK for this I used Stone Fresco Finish paint mixed with white acrylic.


Next I sprayed it with Distress Stains spray in Iced Spruce, Faded Jeans
 & Gathered Twigs.


Next I brushed on matt multi medium and dried 
with my heat gun.


I had some scrap triple embossed card so I used the New flourish stamp from
The Artistic Stamper and pressed it into the hot embossing powder.


Next I  coloured the embossed card and the die cut cogs with 
Deco Art antiquing cream.


The compass stamp is from Indigo Blue I think the other 
one is a small Tim Holtz clock stamp.


Stencils and lots of Ferro graphite was used. Tommorow
I will be returning their beer mat to them I
hope they like it! let me know 
what you think?
Cheers Dee 
x

4 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning Dee - I'll be astounded if you don't knock their socks off with this (though I'm not sure it's any good for putting a pint of beer on any longer). Wonderful colours - right up my street - and I love all the texture and gilding - just delicious.
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

Wow! They'll love it! Gorgeous textures & design Dee!
Alison xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning - I love the theme of it and you've got some fabulous effects going on - I'm sure they'll love it - I do! Thanks so much for visiting my blog by the way, your kind words are very much appreciated.
Diana x

itsazoo said...

Wow......It's Gorgeous......