A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Deco Art & A Steam Punk Heart

Hi every one! I hope you are OK and enjoying the lovely sunshine
 if you reside in the south of England
it seems like so long ago that it made an appearance.


Since doing my Andy Skinner online workshop I have wanted to have
a play, & put my own slant on what I learnt which was amazing.


I used the amazing Deco art products which are just divine and I just keep 
learning more & more about them. 


Anyone who knows my work knows that I am just addicted to texture and layers
so the media line just lends itself perfectly to it. The textures and mediums
 I am still learning about.


This was created using a beer mat that I covered in Media Gesso, Media texture
crackle paste. I pushed micro beads and glass glitter into the wet crackle paste 
and allowed to dry in the sun.


I used washes of Naphithol red, Burnt Umber, Quinacridone Gold 
& Prussian blue.


I used gold gilding wax to highlight the texture. The heart was painted with 
 a cream acrylic stamped with Artistic Stamper lace stamp. 



A bit of distress inks Walnut stain and Black Soot around the edges.


A bit of rusty wire wrapped round the heart some die cut cogs
given a patina rust treatment.


Voila! all sealed with Deco Art Media ultra matt varnish.
hope you all enjoyed reading this posts much as I have creating it.
 be sure to check out the Deco art Media range.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee x 







4 comments:

massofhair said...

Another stunning Tag Dee, i do love your experiments, i should have more time to play very soon and can try your recipes! Thanks for the step by steps they are really useful :-) xxx

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeousness DEE! I love your slant on what you have learned- your art is amazing and each time leave me looking closer and closer at your pieces while oooohing and aaaahing! xx

itsazoo said...

Great project......Love the colors......

Nikki Acton said...

Bookmarked this one for a return visit Dee - stunning textures - got to check out the process! Nikki x