A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Friday 22 July 2016

Tando & Stampendous Blog hop

Today Tando are teaming up with Stampendous for a Blog Hop. If you have come here first
head over to the Tando post to begin the hop.

Hi Dee here with my post for the Tando /Stampendous blog hop I am in an 
unusual position of being on both teams and this
being my first ever blog hop ever!!! 
Lovely Laura Weed sent me these lovely stamps in one of my amazing packages
that I have received from them. Two of the stamps are from their new July 
Catalog and an old favourite and I wander if you can spot some
 Andy Skinner stamps in the mix. My choice from Tando was these 
lovely straight edged arches as I
                                                   felt they would showcase the stamps
beautifully.

Products used
1. Tando products used:- Arches - Straight edged large all Deco Art products used can be found on the Tando creative online shop.
2. Deco Art products :-Gesso, Media Antiquing Carbon Black, media Acrylic paints in the following colours, Pyrrole OrangeQuinacridone Gold Prussian Blue HueTitanium WhitePaynes Grey, Andy Skinners dirty wash, White Crackle PAINT & Ultra Matte.
3. Stampendous products used Stamps:- Raven Skull (CRR228), Chilling (CRR266), Haunted Mansion (CRR267), Andy Skinners Toxic (ASCRS06), Stencils:- Spider Webb (LJ816), Spider (LS28), Long pumpkin Stencil (DWLL514), Dream weaver embossing paste Matte Black, embossing powders:- Chunky gold (FREGO49), Detail clear (DP0200).
4. Graphic 45 Name plate, key.


Instructions
1. Firstly I painted the the arches with Gesso followed by a mix of the Pyrrole Orange and quinacridone gold. I sanded this back and repainted.
2. Next I stamped the images onto the painted surface and allowed to dry.
3. I used vasaline/hair gum to cover the area's that I wanted to show through.
4. Crackle paint was applied over all the arches and once dry a cloth was used to remove the paint & the images below were revealed. 
5. Next I applied Andy skinners dirty wash to seal the crackle paint.
6. I used black embossing paste through the stencils and sprinkled with chunky gold embossing powder and heat set.
7. I then applied the black embossing paste around the edges.
8. Black antiquing cream was then painted over the entire surface and knocked back with a damp cloth.
9. Finally I sanded a couple of area's back and added the embellishments from Graphic 45 and attached the hinges.


Thank you for popping by and I hope you are enjoying the hop below are the details for the next leg of the hop.
Cheers Dee X

After you have been through the Tando's teams blog mine being the last you need to click on the 
following link to the Stampendous Blog  below to see what their fabulous creative team  has
come up with.


Remember If you comment on everyone of the Tando team's blow on the hop you will be in with the chance of winning this prize of gorgeous Tando goodies. There will be a Random draw on Friday 29th July.


Good Luck!







21 comments:

Zoechaos said...

What a result that paint peel is so effective! this is fabulous. XOXO Zoe (Grimsby UK)

eyes2theocean said...

Very cool project A+

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful and very cool project.
Becca from FL

barbara macaskill said...

This is totally awesome.I love how you have used bits and pieces of the images randomly placed to create your awesome piece. THe background is perfect for this piece and anyone would have to smile seeing this!! For your first hop you did an amazing job!!! Can't wait to see more, more, more from you!!!
Barb in VT

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Sue D said...

Cool results. I like the red against this background.
Sue in Ohio

Janis said...

This looks soooooo awesome!!!
<3
Janis in ID

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Mary Holshouser said...

The triptych is so fun for the spooky season of
Halloween.
I'm glad to find these pieces. I have one
my husband cut out for me many years ago. I'd
like to make more but didn't know where I could
find them since he's no longer able to make them
for me.
thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your time on the DT.
Illinois

Dana Tatar said...

Dee your work is always amazing and this piece is no exception. Super cool design. I especially love the distressed background and the gold highlights. Thanks for the inspiration!

Diane said...

Cool and amazing Dee !!

hugs Diane xx ( UK )

Fliss said...

Absolutely amazing texture as always Dee and love all the details you've added to your gorgeous artwork.
Fliss xx

Redanne said...

Dee, this is an absolutely stunning piece of art!!

cghundley said...

Wonderful creation,
love the red skull!
Carla from Utah

Viki Banaszak said...

This is an awesomely spooky triptic!

McStamper said...

Great project and very Halloween.

Denise Bryant said...

Congrats on your 1st blog hop! Wonderful project!
Denise in CA.

Steph Ackerman said...

Love it. NY

toni said...

Wow ! Amazing texture! Love the face peeking through the cracks. Toni x

A Pink said...

Fantastic! Love it .
Sheffield UK

Tracy Welham said...

That is an awesome project! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Julie said...

Love the colours and technique is perfect for Halloween projects. The eyes are particularly spooky. Creative hugs, Julie x
Barnsley, UK