Friday, 22 July 2016
Tando & Stampendous Blog hop
Today Tando are teaming up with Stampendous for a Blog Hop. If you have come here first
head over to the Tando post to begin the hop.
Hi Dee here with my post for the Tando /Stampendous blog hop I am in an
unusual position of being on both teams and this
being my first ever blog hop ever!!!
that I have received from them. Two of the stamps are from their new July
Catalog and an old favourite and I wander if you can spot some
Andy Skinner stamps in the mix. My choice from Tando was these
lovely straight edged arches as I
felt they would showcase the stamps
1. Tando products used:- Arches - Straight edged large all Deco Art products used can be found on the Tando creative online shop.
2. Deco Art products :-Gesso, Media Antiquing Carbon Black, media Acrylic paints in the following colours, Pyrrole Orange, Quinacridone Gold, Prussian Blue Hue, Titanium White, Paynes Grey, Andy Skinners dirty wash, White Crackle PAINT & Ultra Matte.
3. Stampendous products used Stamps:- Raven Skull (CRR228), Chilling (CRR266), Haunted Mansion (CRR267), Andy Skinners Toxic (ASCRS06), Stencils:- Spider Webb (LJ816), Spider (LS28), Long pumpkin Stencil (DWLL514), Dream weaver embossing paste Matte Black, embossing powders:- Chunky gold (FREGO49), Detail clear (DP0200).
4. Graphic 45 Name plate, key.
1. Firstly I painted the the arches with Gesso followed by a mix of the Pyrrole Orange and quinacridone gold. I sanded this back and repainted.
2. Next I stamped the images onto the painted surface and allowed to dry.
3. I used vasaline/hair gum to cover the area's that I wanted to show through.
4. Crackle paint was applied over all the arches and once dry a cloth was used to remove the paint & the images below were revealed.
5. Next I applied Andy skinners dirty wash to seal the crackle paint.
6. I used black embossing paste through the stencils and sprinkled with chunky gold embossing powder and heat set.
7. I then applied the black embossing paste around the edges.
8. Black antiquing cream was then painted over the entire surface and knocked back with a damp cloth.
9. Finally I sanded a couple of area's back and added the embellishments from Graphic 45 and attached the hinges.
Thank you for popping by and I hope you are enjoying the hop below are the details for the next leg of the hop.
Cheers Dee X
After you have been through the Tando's teams blog mine being the last you need to click on the
following link to the Stampendous Blog below to see what their fabulous creative team has
come up with.
Remember If you comment on everyone of the Tando team's blow on the hop you will be in with the chance of winning this prize of gorgeous Tando goodies. There will be a Random draw on Friday 29th July.