A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Monday 15 May 2017

Anything Goes over at SASPC May challenge


I have a media board for you today as my inspiration
for this months challenge.
I started with home made tissue paper which I made by
stamping directly onto plain tissue paper with black
Stazon ink with various stamps.
next I glued this onto the media board with Deco Art Matt Medium
which was followed with DA modelling paste put through
a distressed harlequin stencil (Tando mini's)
 I used a watery wash of DA Gesso once dry follow 
with a second coat.
 
Next came water colour in greens and greys apply them 
very watery and dry between coats. Once happy
I attached my triple embossed heart and crackle 
paste.
Lastly a trickle of Deco Art crackle glaze with a little green
mixed in was applied to the top of the media board.
At the bottom I typed the word ART & mat it 
onto black card.
I am proud to be a member of Sandee & amelie's design team.
I hope that I have inspired you today and that you will
come and play along with us today.
Cheers Dee x


5 comments:

Maura said...

Love your steampunk heart, Dee! Great idea on making your own tissue - I have to try that! Your texture in the heart is amazing - you created such depth!! hugs, Maura

Nora said...

Amazing texture! Love it!

Nora said...

Amazing texture! Love it!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE and INTRIGUING Dee. Xj.

Purple Diva 6 said...

I Love this, so much lovelly texture, the background tissue is beautiful...💚💙